Friday, February 29, 2008

Van Gogh Meets Jackson Pollock



My boss asked me to do her a great favor last week. She had a bulletin board around 3 feet by 3 feet that she wanted me to paint. "Something nice and colorful" she told me.

I primed the board (which felt like melted cork) with off white latex paint. I used yellow acrylic paint and began to make a "Swirled" sun, radiating pinks, reds, oranges, and whites. Then I flicked paint in greens, pinks, whites, & blue against the board. I just loaded the brush with a color and flicked it with my finger. The final process was yarn dipped in paint that I "splatted" against the board.

I absolutely love this painting. It is colorful and warm. It has inspired me to make a few more variations of it.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Oh my goodness, this is awesome, do some ATCs like this, WOW - I am sooooooo impressed! It has motion, it's interesting and warm, very cool. An admirer, MA

Unknown said...

You do amazing work!!! I am glad I had you do it. Makes my day that much brighter

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity