Monday, October 20, 2008

The traveling museum


I think I've mentioned that I go to Madonna University where I'm studying Graphics. Well, my homework this week really was time consuming, in fact, although I've spent about 8 hours in the last three days on it, I'm still hours away from completing the assignments by Wednesday.

So, that means I let 5 days go by without posting in my blog, and for this I apologize. I feel bad when I see my visitors who return each day, and there's nothing new to read.

I did do a craft show on Saturday and the news wasn't good. I seriously think now, that craft shows are the biggest waste of my time. I set up my display and sat and smiled at people who wandered by. One person commented that she didn't bring any money with her. I heard comment after comment about how cute my things are (as usual, the dog might eat them, the kid might choke...who's in charge in those households???)

Sometimes I feel like I'm a traveling museum. I set up my art/craft, people file by and ohh, and ahhh. They touch and smile. They tell me how patient I am, how talented I am, how cute my things are, and then they move on to the next booth, where they repeat themselves. From 9 a.m. till 4 p.m. I did have about 9 or 10 people actually reach into their pockets and pull out some cash. Thank you!

Can you tell that I'm still a bit crabby from Saturday? I just can't figure people out anymore. I must have heard 100 times that my prices were great and my clay babies were adorable, but...no purchase.

I was supposed to sign up for two more shows in the next two weeks, but I am declining. My next show is November 15th. Until then I'll just rely on etsy and ebay for sales.

I think I'm going to concentrate on snowmen and penguin families. Personalized things seem to sell the best.


I have some other clay things that I've been working on. I made a bunch of embellishments and some buttons. If I can't sell them, I'll put them in collages. They are pretty interesting looking.



This is a scroll that has chinese letting on it. I made several scrolls, layered them on top of each other and glued them to a painted canvas.

Finally, I'm going to take a leap of faith and start painting on a regular basis. I'm going to set up a table that will hold my easel, paints, and brushes. That way I will be more inclined to paint if there is an area that's always available. I love to paint and find that it's one of the most relaxing activities I do. Here is a painting I did today. It's a 8 by 10 canvas with my favorite color combination, green and pink.
It can never be said that I didn't pursue my love of art. I just hope one day it will start to pay off. Even though some of the set backs irritate me a little, I'll try harder to enjoy the journey!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity