Sunday, April 17, 2011

Turned a new leaf


For any of you who have followed my blog for the past few years, it won't be a surprise to find out that I've put away my polymer clay. For some time I have struggled with this decision because it's all I've done for 32 years. But other interests were calling to me. I have been going to school for some time now and am close to getting my degree in graphic design. Because of this, I've done more designing of prints and posters, post cards and packaging and I love it. I've also discovered that I get immense enjoyment out of taking pictures, painting and mixed media.

As you can see, I've got a full plate. Every time I received an order for a cake topper or an ornament made from polymer clay, I cringed. Working with the clay became a chore so last month, in early March, I boxed up all of my clay and tools and put them high up in my closet.

At first it was agony. I have a lot of claying friends on Facebook and every time they put a picture up of something they made, I got a little sick to my stomach. But, these past few weeks have been a "healing" process for me. I blocked the clay comments from facebook and I never go to ebay anymore to look at the competition. I think I've crossed the line finally and I'm not looking back. I'm traveling down another creative road now and I hope you, dear readers, will follow along with me.

If you enjoy beautiful sentiments embedded into colorful images, if you love dreamy nostalgia and vintage style, if you like the weird and different, I think you are going to love the direction I'm taking with my blog.

One of the features I'm keeping with my blog is my giveaways. I will be having a contest in may where I will present a winner with a matted 5 by 7 art print. Stay tuned and thanks for sticking with me.

1 comment:

Wes said...

LOVE that watercolor!! I don't blame you a bit for concentrating there! Wow!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity