Somehow I always miss out on the beginnings of these kinds of committments, like the 365 days of crafting commitments or learn a new word each day,,etc. I usually discover them about half way through or two days after the sign up is closed.
But, because of my blog here I can make my own days of thanks and since I have such a hard time with commitments, I'll list what I'm thankful for all in one shot.
- I'm thankful, everyday, for my children and my grandchildren. I could actually stop there and be fine with it, cause they are definitely the most important part of my life,,but I'll continue.
- I'm thankful that I'm intelligent.I'm thankful to my parents who insisted that I got a good education.
- I'm thankful for my talent. Once again, my parents allowed me to take lots of art lessons at the Detroit Institute of Arts, an experience that shaped me into living a creative life.
- I'm thankful for the rest of my family, like my sister and nephew and cousins and aunts and uncles.
- I'm thankful for my son for rescuing me and letting me come and live with him for awhile.
- I'm thankful for my sensitivity to my surroundings.
- I'm thankful for my faith in God and thankful to him for hanging there with me when I wasn't so faithful.
- I'm thankful for my boyfriend who makes me laugh and always is agreeable to any idea I have.
- I'm beginning to be thankful for my quirks and idiosyncrasies, something I've struggled to accept in the past but am starting to embrace. (it's about time, since I'm not going to live forever.)
- I'm thankful for my good memory that is enhanced by a smell, a song, a feeling. Having along term memory is such a gift. I just wish my short term was as good.
- I'm thankful for the internet, because without it, I would still be doing craft shows. I just can't do them anymore,,they are tiring and frustrating.
- I'm thankful for all kinds of books and music. Life would be so dull without them.
I think I'll stop there. I think that's enough. Maybe next year I can be thankful for better health and more money. I guess better health is enough.
What are you thankful for?