Friday, June 11, 2010

Things I've been doing lately


Even though I made a big announcement 5 months ago that I wasn't going to do toppers anymore, it's hard to turn down the requests, so I've continued making them. Sometimes an artist just gets tired or burned out and I believe that was what happened to me.

Anyway, I've been making toppers again. I've been trying to build up a nice inventory of ready to ship toppers, that way, they are more economical for the bride and less stress on me. I just recently made some sweet little toppers for the bride who wants something lightweight and cute on top of her cake.

Art Dolls

I have also been making more art dolls. These are so much fun to make and really a great diversion for me. I can express myself totally with the creation of these dolls. I love the combination of beads, yarn and clay. Look for more posts on my art dolls and a contest soon!


Graphic Art




I've also been having a creative surge designing posters, altered art, atc backgrounds and photographic images. I don't know where all of this creativity is coming from but I'm thrilled. There are not enough hours in the day anymore for me to do everything I want. I'm in a very happy "artsy" place right now!

Collage




I've also found more time to paint and do collage. I then take pictures and change the images in photoshop. I'm trying to build up a portfolio of original collage and paintings and eventually seek out an art agent. This has been a dream of mine for years, but I've neglected it. Now it's time for me to really focus on that.

Sometimes an artist goes through dry spells and I believe that for the last few years I have been trying to claw my way out of mine. Suddenly, over the few months I have found new inspiration and am more driven than I've ever felt. I feel passionate again about my art and design and am grateful for every moment I spend creating!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity