Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Liquid Sculpey Votive Tutorial

This is a quick project. One bottle of liquid clay and three or four jars of PearlEx metallic powders will cover several glass jars. This would be a nice project for a wedding, shower, or Mother's day.

Have fun!



You'll need liquid polymer clay, a glass bowl or votive and an assortment of metallic powders.




Apply liquid polymer clay to the glass. For this jar, I worked 1/4 at a time. I applied the liquid clay to the glass with my finger and smeared it around. Then (again with my finger) I applied some of the powders to the liquid. You can use a brush if you'd like but it tends to leave streaks.


Cover the glass completely.






I swirled the metallic colors together. It reminds me of leaded glass that my grandma had in a few windows in her old house.


Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes at 275. Make sure your oven is accurate. After 20 minutes turn the oven off and let the glass cool.


I placed a small votive candle inside.





I added wire around the top and strung some beads on it. But to be truthful, I like it better without them.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity