Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wicked Witch


Several years ago my friend Mary Ann painted a canvas and added a shelf and a doorway to it. She gave it to me to do something with. I never got around to it, stared it for months, put it away in the closet and finally, last fall took it out and stared at it some more.

I thought I might make some angels and place them around the doorway, cause it looked like the entrance to heaven, but I just wasn't feeling it.

Today though, I had an inspiration! I repainted the morning sky to a dark night sky, shaded it and added some clay to it. I roughed it up a bit, trying to make it look primitive. Although I'm not finished with (I want to put some words above the entrance), I thought I would show you what I've done so far.

A cat with a big grin sits on the porch next to two pumpkins.

I glued scrapbook paper on the background. I need to add some details to the witch, like hair, maybe a cape and a broom.


Don't know what to add to the roof, but will think of something. The moon looks bad at this angle, it looks better in person.

I'm trying to experiment and make more primitive things. I like to antique the clay which makes it look vintage and worn, but adds a richness to it.

I'm in the process of re-doing my website and will be making a lot of new creations.

Ebay

I listed several little characters on ebay yesterday. Here's a link it you'd like to check it out.


Remember that my giveaway ends in a few days, so leave comments. Good luck!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity