Thursday, March 19, 2009

In search of Spring


I had to go to Madonna University today to work on a lithograph and since Hines Drive is open again, (flooding is over) I took my camera, hoping to find a little bit of spring.


I drove past my hill and felt a touch of sadness. I had a love affair with that hill for two years. I walked up and down the 140 steps, listening to music, feeling fantastic. I lost 60 pounds walking that hill but all along I was doing damage to my knees, now I can only dream of walking it again.





Due to heavy rains over the past month, the park has a lot of temporary ponds. I saw a woman pull over to the side of the road to watch a duck bob his head in and out of the water. She must have been looking for spring too.



Here a few geese swim.

Last week this tree was completely under water, now the water has subsided.


Daffodils are popping up in my yard



My lilac bush is budding

Green moss grows on the asphalt near my shed

From the song bird that woke me up this morning, to the skunk cabbage growing along the banks of the river, spring is slowly making it's self present. It will officially be here in a few days but I'm glad I got to go out and find a little bit of it today.


Go out and find your own bit of spring!

Graphic Buttons I made.


I sell these over at Cafepress. I think they are kind of cute. I'm planning on making more designs.






No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity