Monday, February 16, 2009

This and that


I have little bits of information that I'd like to pass along.

First of all, polymer clay is on sale again at Michaels. It's 99 cents for sculpey three. The sale ends on Saturday. I bought some the other day and it was so fresh, I couldn't wait to get home and start working with it.

Secondly, I'd like to share some interesting sites with you.

Mark Kistler's Online Art Lessons is a wonderful website. Mark is an animator and he has online classes. However, you do have to pay ($59.00 for two years), but he does have a lot of free lessons. I spent 10 minutes on his site and wanted to join! (However, I did restrain myself.)
If you have a child who is interested in cartoon or 3 D drawing, check it out.

Another nice site I found is called Drawn! It's all about illustration, cartooning and inspiration! Also has a lot of links to other great sites.

One of my favorite sites that inspires me is Holli Conger, A girl who creates. I've been following her for two years now, and sad to say for myself, she is doing everything that I wished I could have done. She is a designer working with typography, polymer clay, computer generated graphics and colored pencil. She is so driven! This year she is going to Surtex. Surtex is where artists go to show their work to be licensed. It is very expensive, approximately $4000 to do the show and this does not include travel and lodging. I used to dream about going there, but I just can't afford it, at least not now. (not to mention the fact that I'm not very money driven, I guess if I was, maybe I could save up for Surtex and go!) If you want to be inspired, visit Holli Conger's site.

Finally, here is one of my favorite "free fonts" websites. It's called DaFont and it has every kind of font you can imagine. It's easy to navigate around the site and easy to download the fonts. There may be some fonts that you have to pay for, but I've never experienced that.


Gingerbread

I've been making a lot of gingerbread babies lately.

They seem to sell well on ebay.Here are a few I made yesterday.

I have several of these reproduction tins and I love the way the gingers look on them.

1 comment:

Aloquin said...

Adorable as always! What do you use for their eyes?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity