Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oh Woe is me...

When I was in my thirties and I would listen to older folks complain about their aches and pains and medications, I vowed I wouldn't have those kinds of conversations. I would keep my meds and my tummy aches and my arthritis to myself. Or so I thought.

I've been absent for almost a week and, I have to admit, it's because I haven't been feeling too well.

If you want to hear what my troubles have been, keep reading. If you'd rather not, now is the time to leave. Come back tomorrow because I'm planning on posting something creative.

My biggest problem over the past year has been the arthritis that has taken over my knee. (knees, but mostly the left).. I think I could live with that pain without complaining, but it's the bone spur behind the knee that is causing me awful pain. Because the body is such a marvelous creation, it knows that my knee has lost most of its cartilage. So, it has been manufacturing new material. Only, it is depositing it on a bone (called a spur) and it is a constant problem. It hurts all of the time. I can't bend my leg more than a few degrees. I can't ride a bike anymore. It's hard to get in and out of a car. I hate this! The orthopedic surgeon didn't really give me much hope of any relief in the near future, but I think I'm going to go get another opinion.

To add to my distress, I'm taking Naperson for the swelling and it is tearing up my stomach. I get bad heartburn and discomfort. If I switch to Tylenol, I don't get heartburn anymore, but it doesn't help with the swelling, making it even more difficult to maneuver.

I also need to get to the ophthalmologist because lately, my right eye won't open when I wake up in the morning. Well, it hesitates. It is about 3 beats behind the left eye. It feels like there is pressure behind my eye. I have noticed that if the heat is below 60 during the night, it's not so bad. If it is 65 or higher, that is when I have a problem. Either it's my imagination or that has something to do with it. It doesn't really bother me during the day, so that helps lessen my fears.

Finally, I have a cold. I felt kind of hot and funny earlier today and after school stopped and bought a thermometer. But my temp was perfect. I have been sneezing and sniffling and coughing for days. I bought some kind of flu and cold medicine and am going to try it tonight.

So, that being said, I apologize for neglecting the blog. Sometimes, if you just don't feel good, you just don't feel good!

The giveaway...

I've heard from the following people and will be mailing their items tomorrow.

Polymer clay chick
Silverhart girl
Stacy
Jennifer

I still need to hear from "South""Diane H" and "Rachel"

I'll keep looking for them.

Also, I'm planning on a February contest. Working on something decorative with a canvas. I just got 48 canvases in the mail from Dick Blick..I'm very excited!

1 comment:

Aloquin said...

I hope you feel better, hon! I do not know how old you are, but I am aware that menopause affects people in a variety of different ways, so that *may* be part of it... I don't know. I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity