Sunday, February 22, 2009

To Write A Blog


I have tried for the last two days to write part two of my craft show planning. I have a nice draft saved, but not until I have pictures of a set up that I am proud of will I be able to post that article.

I have such good intentions about my blog and spend a lot of time thinking of posts I'd like to share with you, but sometimes I'm just not "feeling it". When I drive, when I'm at school, when I'm working, I'm trying to find something interesting or inspiring that can be translated into a post. I've started to carry my camera around more often so that if something creative or wonderful comes along, I can take a picture of it.

So, give me a few more weeks to work on my display ideas. I may just do some vignettes of set ups and then when I do my first spring show I can take an actual picture of the complete set up.

What's new?

Today I painted several small canvases and one larger one. I just put in a background, and now I'm off to make some clay to glue onto the canvases. Check back, because I'm going to give away one of the canvases. Which one? I don't know yet, but I'll be making that announcement later.



It's going to be a busy day for me because I have about 8 cake toppers lined up to complete. Most of them are fun, so I'm going to play some background music and "Clay-away"!

Here's a little girl I made, similar to the girl with the book. As you can see, I like to use pink and green. It's my favorite color combination. (It's going to be the color theme of my display also.)


In my graphic design class, we have to make a CD, Tee shirt, and bus banner for our favorite band. I went with The Cure, although I love all kinds of bands and music, I like the fact that Robert Smith sometimes has his nieces and nephews doodle art work for him and he will use it on his website (maybe his CDs?).

Here's my CD cover so far.



As you can see, there are two versions. My boyfriend didn't think it looked like Robert Smith, so I may redo it. This is not the final design, but it's an idea.

I'm off to start my cake toppers and embellishments. I have a busy day planned but will be back later to announce my next giveaway. (I hope last month's winner all got their gifts.)

1 comment:

Aloquin said...

I got mine! :) I love her. She is right on my bed post! And as far as the CD covers, I like the first one better.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity