Sunday, May 24, 2009

Early Morning Art


I had a pleasant morning sitting out in my garden painting today. I'm going to two cook outs today and wanted to take something as a little gift.

I have several 4" by 4" canvases so I thought it would be nice to sit outside and paint them (they dry faster that way too).

4 x 4 is a sweet little size to work on and everyone can usually find a little spot to hang it. Or it can be placed on an easel. While I painted I could hear squirrels scampering around in the trees.
Something small was splashing down in the river and of course, the song birds were serenading me. Other than a few specks of fuzz that floated through the air landing on my wet paint, and a sneaky snake that was watching me from afar, it was rather pleasant.



Can you see the snakes tail? He was hiding in my oregano plant. I can't go outside without seeing a snake.

Here's the completed canvases. I chose these colors because those are the schemes of the two houses where I am going. (These look so much nicer in person,,but the picture gives you an idea.)


Painting outdoors can be fun if the project is small, the weather is pleasant and there isn't a lot of wind. It's even more fun if there are no snakes!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

the paintings are lovely. i'm sure your hosts will be elated.

snakes will just keep me tightly bound in the house though... aahhhhhhh!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity