Saturday, May 30, 2009

Polymer Clay Hearts and Buttons

I got to achieve a goal today. That was to find the USB cord for my camera and show a few things I've been working on.
I'm in the beginning stages of caning, so my designs are pretty simple, but I absolutely love how these buttons turned out.




This looks so much prettier in person. I sanded and bluffed it for 1/2 hour and it feels like a polished stone.
I still haven't got the knack of a heart, but I like the shape of this. I think I'm being too hard on myself in the beginning. It will come with practice. In the meantime, I'm going to wear this.

I have a lot of polishing and finishing to do this week. I made over 100 hearts. (or heart wannabees)..The clay muse tried to help me out with some advice on shaping them into fatter hearts, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I made a big heart, but it has a seam running down the front. I didn't care for that look. But, I'm tenacious and will find the answer. I need to be more humble, because when I see something I like, I think to myself, I can do that. Well, I guess I can't do everything I set out to do.

I'm sharing this with you, but believe me, when I sell these I'm going to act like they are the greatest hearts ever made!!

If you would like more information on achieving YOUR goals,,follow this blog. Steve Pavlina is the king of self improvement. He also makes a lot of money from his blog, which is very inspirational to me.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. Anatole France:

2 comments:

Valerie said...

the heart pendant does look good. i've seen 3D hearts come in many 'shapes'. so it's really personal fancy. :)

Deb said...

Thanks Valerie..I appreciate it.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity