Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A "pear" of cake toppers

Sometimes I have to know when to look at my work and say, "Yikes!" So it was with a cake topper that I've been working on.

My customer wanted a couple of cute pears to go on her cake. She wanted them with a wedding dress and tux. After I finished the topper, I didn't like it one bit. I thought it was bulky and made the couple look obese.
I wrote to my customer, sending her the picture, and she agreed that it was kind of big.

So, I did another one for her. It looks like this.
I think it's much cuter and more whimsical. My customer sent me an email saying it was exactly what she was looking for. Wow! I'm glad. I used a lot of clay on these, and I wanted her to be happy. I still have to glue it to a mirror base and add blush (paint the stem too), but she got the idea.

It's hard to execute someone's idea when you are an artist. They have a vision and the artist has to try to reproduce that vision for them. About 99 % of my customers are wonderful, as they let me take the idea and run with it.

I haven't met a bridezilla yet!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity